LATHER pioneered the “farm-to-tub” concept in the luxury amenity category, sourcing local, indigenous ingredients that benefit both the skin and the community. So when the team at the pristine Four Seasons Lanai at Manele Bay announced their goal to offer guests a socially and environmentally advanced bath and body collection that also supports local farms, education and Hawaiian culture, we answered the call.
- Encapsulate all of the collection’s and property’s objectives — natural, environmentally-responsible, modern with a nod to tradition, regional ingredients — in a brand name that is simple and respectful
- Seek out and build a relationship with a local farm within the Lanai community, procure local ingredients and create exceptional formulations with them
- Market the organic and locally sourced Hawaiian ingredients used from the the local partner
- Meaning “land that nourishes” in Hawaiian, the ‘āina collection was proudly launched in 2015
- Guests enjoy a more authentic, localized experience
- The property supports a local business and community, creating goodwill and making a positive impact
- Retail products and spa protocols are in high demand, helping to extend the breadth and depth of the guest’s involvement with the property
- The innovative approach taken to developing the collection caught the attention of luxury travel editors. The collection was featured in Conde Nast Traveler, LuxeEscapes and Travel Age West within the first few months of its launch.